Thursday, May 15, 2008

Going Away Party

Well, yesterday I was "officially" done with my job when I had my going away party. It was a great couple of hours. The best part was the cool cake the office got me; it was even a Cake by Monica! It said, "You will always be our Top Gun." What an appropriate slogan. It was the best cake I had ever seen at a going away party at the office-any cake was better than trying to cut through the ice cream cake. Thanks to Darnell we each got 1/12 of a cake-the pieces were huge. Before we ate the cake, Steph had everyone go around and tell their favorite story about me...I think it was just to prove my weirdness. Of course, my childhood stories were brought up, my Dolphin Boy dance, and da, da, da, da, da, da... Barracuda. I look back at my time as an admissions counselor, and I really enjoyed it. I had the chance to do a lot of traveling. Pittsburgh and Austin were a blast. If anyone is ever up for the Melting Pot, just give me a call...I'm up for dropping a hundred bucks on a meal anytime. Oh, wait, I no longer have a job. Get back to me in a few years! As good of a time it was, I am very thankful and glad to spend my time with Maverick. He is growing and changing so much every day. This weekend we're planning to head to the Tulip Festival in Orange City. This will be 4 years running. We're hoping the tulips will still be in bloom to get some pictures of Maverick. And, darn it, they better have Dutch letters this year.

No comments: