Thursday, August 19, 2010

That's What Friends Are For!

This past weekend I had the biggest and best surprise I think I've ever had. Jesse and Jennifer schemed together to plan Jennifer's surprise trip to Michigan! It was Saturday morning and I was getting ready to take the boys to Holland to spend the night with Oma. Jesse had been on call the night before. I was planning to leave about 11 AM. I got a text from Jesse about 10 that he wanted me to wait until he was home to leave because he wanted to see the boys. Of course I thought this was a bad idea because then Maverick would want to stay with him. He then texted and said, "I have something for you guys." I had no idea what it might be. Well, I waited for him to get home. When he pulled into the drive, I was going to meet him at the door because I was mad he was parking behind the van which I was taking to Holland. As I looked in the car, I saw a girl with him. At first I had no idea who it was. Then, she got out of the car and it was Jennifer!! I just started to bawl. The best surprise ever! We took Jennifer out to the beach to experience Lake Michigan. We had a really good time playing in the 78 degree red-flag waves.
The 3 of us!
We took Jennifer on our walking tour and played at the park for about an hour. Maverick had a great time playing with her.
Everett, Jennifer, and Maverick in the fun car!
Everett is starting to sit in his height chair. Still, he will eat anything we present which is so nice.
Brothers at the park!

Jesse and I at the beach. We also took Jennifer to a Whitecaps baseball game on Saturday night. Thank you SO much Jennifer for making the trip. You totally made my weekend. Now, I get to look forward to my parents visit already tomorrow!!

No comments: