Wednesday, January 13, 2010

"With Honors" We Present Everett Van Heukelom

So, last night I decided to have a baby! I really wasn't expecting him, but I guess he was ready. We have added Everett (middle name is still out) Van Heukelom to our family. He weighed 8#4oz, 21 1/2" long, and was born at 3:15 A.M.
I'm still stunned by the short delivery time. Jesse is working in the ER this week in Yankton. He was planning to work at 3 PM-7AM shift. I texted him at 9:15 that I was heading to bed. Literally 15 minutes later when I crawled into bed, I started having contractions. I wasn't sure if they were the real deal, but I was sure when they were coming 5 minutes apart. I called Jesse at 11 to let him know he should come home. He got home about 11:45. He was hungry so I told him to run to McDonald's for the Cold Days Hot Deals quarter-pounder special. On the way back, he picked up our friend Angelica to watch Maverick. We then proceded to drop off my library book before heading to the hospital. We got to the hospital about 1 AM. About 3 I started to push, and at 3:15 AM, out he came! It was a short process to say the least. But, I didn't mind. Big brother Maverick stopped by with a kiss. He's not 100% sure about the whole ordeal.
Taking his stats.
Maverick would say "Listen, boom boom"

Brand new to the world!! He is a very healthy boy. The only thing is he has been a little on the chilly side, but we are getting his temperature up slowly but surely.

5 comments:

Katie Van Heukelom said...

Congratulations!!!! We are so happy for you guys and are happy to hear everything went smoothly! Take Care!

Rach H @ FamilyEverAfter said...

Congratulations guys! What a cute name.

Your post totally got me ancy. I'm due in 17 days and Troy is is Albuquerque on his last interview! I'm so nervous!

Anyway, what a wonderful addition to your already sweet family.

Sandie said...

Hi Kathy and Family,
What a beautiful time for your family. Everett is gorgeous! Soooo glad it was an easy and quick delivery for you. Congratulations!
Love the name too. What do you think of John or maybe even Cade for a middle name? Just thinking about how it sounds with Everette. Anyway good luck with that.

Sandie Sullivan ...(Randy's wife)

Jeff an Lisa said...

Congratulations!
God bless your new addition to the family!
Love Jeff, Lisa Joslynn and Rosemarie

Jess said...

We are so excited for your latest addition. From the pics, he looks a awful lot like Maverick did in his first hours of life. Best wishes to you all:) Lots of love, The Schulte's