Tuesday, November 9, 2010

A Great Time in SD

The last week of October we packed up our minivan and headed for South Dakota. We left on a Saturday when Jesse was done with call. We left Michigan at 9:30 PM and entered my parents' driveway at 10:15 AM the next morning. The 14-hour trip went very smooth except for the fact that Maverick was still AWAKE at 3 o'clock in the morning as we went through Iowa City! Luckily, he dozed off, and I think he got about 4 hours of sleep. Everett was a trooper and slept about 10 hours. We were so happy to get to the farm! One of the main reasons for choosing this time of year was so Jesse could go pheasant hunting. He had a great time and got a couple of birds despite the crummy weather. Maverick was barely outside, but he did get the chance to ride in the tractor and on the skid loader. Jesse and his proud catch!
Jesse, my dad, and his friend Ron. Ron had 2 hunting dogs that he brought out which always makes hunting more successful.
Jesse and dad cleaning the birds. They were having a heck of time, but whenever those 2 are together they have a heck of a time. I think Jesse's surgery rotation proved helpful as he was naming all of the parts of the bird and dissecting the heart.
After we celebrated my 28th birthday in SD, we headed to Omaha. A precious picture of Everett and Carlee. We sure missed those kids! They are so good with our boys. It was gorgeous weather, and I even got a slight sunburn. I was very excited.
Those cute cousins!
It was great spending time with my sister Jennifer, and we got a picture because that's what we always do!
Carlee, Everett, and I. Carlee is turning into such a fine young lady. She is such a chit chatter and can keep me entertained all day. Oh, Carl!
While back at the farm, my old college friend Sara came over with her son Lane who is 6 days older than Everett. It was so fun to see them playing together, and it was great catching up. I love friends who you can never see, but pick up the conversation like no time has passed.
And, the roses Jesse surprised me with for my birthday! They were beautiful. I think they were the biggest roses I ever received. What a great guy to remember the roses even when we're away from home!

No comments: